Joseph Meehan

Evon wrote:
What is a sweat fitting and how do you do it? I just bought a cabin
and it has all copper piping. A neighbor told me that it is very
difficult and very expensive to get a Plummer up here. I want to add
a water filter to the line from the well and it is all copper.

Sweat fittings are just the copper fittings that you solder using solder
made for that use.

Get yourself a book that covers plumbing. It will have written
instructions and pictures to help you learn. Get a good torch, it will be
worth the little additional expense. Buy some fittings and a little pipe to
practice with. Get a pipe cuter at the same time. Read the part about
using bread to keep the area dry in the book. It really works.

A trip to the DIY store should get you all the stuff you need without
paying too much. This is a skill that anyone can learn without much effort
and do an OK job, but do practice before you try the real thing so you have
the feel for it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math