Fray Bentos

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Fray Bentos wrote:
Hello all. couple of water pipe related questions.
Who owns the bit of pipe between the street stopcock in the pavement and

my
stopcock? (about 3 or 4 meters).
I have lead water pipes and I just wondered if i'll have to pay to

replace
the bit in my garden as well.
I guess the new pipe will be this alkalene blue plastic stuff?
Oh, another thing, water pipe enters house at front, stopcock is in my

front
room in a little cupboard thing, Is it inadvisable to put stopcock in my
kitchen at the rear of ther house where the pipe goes to?

lots of plumbing to get done this year.

oh, how much is labour per day for a plumber in lancashire area?

I had the water board (severn trent) to do this as they have an
obligation (not sure if it is a legal or a social one)to replace lead
pipes with plastic. The are meant to do this to reduce leakage. They
came out and replaced from the road to my house, (about 8m) and it cost
£500. I took 2 blokes a morning to do it, so I think it was reasonable
value. They also upgraded from my streek stopcock to the main pipe in
the road as well for free. They did virtually no digging, they used a
mechanical "mole" to burrow through.

I did notice that the flow rate into the house went up from 9 liters/min
to 19 l/m, so that made it even better value!

Mike

Is that not a tad expensive?