Unisaw A100

Keith Carlson wrote:
I found some information in the archives, not a lot. Not much on OWWM.com
either. A picture of an old Homecraft bandsaw, but that would have been
before Delta bought Homecraft. I'm guessing this is not the same saw as the
Delta - Homecraft. Can the "Tool Czar" or anyone else here give me any
additional information?

Delta didn't buy Homecraft. Homecraft was Delta's "second
tier" line, like the Shopcraft line they have today only USA
made/steel and cast iron construction.

What parts tend to be bad on an older one like this?

Tires, wheel bearings and guide bearings.

Are there any specific tests I should try?

See if the band will track.

Or just make a few test cuts on scrap and listen/look
for... what?

Whether or not you like it.

Is there a range of model numbers that are good, or only one (saw 28-100 in
a post as being very well made), or a range of years?

Not sure.

Would something of this vintage have come with a fence?

Try looking at the Homecraft catalogs on the OWWM site.

How much do you think it's worth? Assuming all parts are there, it works,
and it's not all rusted out?

$50 to $100. OK, $50. $100 if it's exceptional.

Thanks for any help! My first chance to check it out would be Wednesday, but
I'd like to go there with as much knowledge of it as possible.

Go to the OWWM.

UA100