On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:20:45 -0500, Jack Fearnley
wrote:

I have now bought three Woodsmith books:

The Home Workshop
Classic cabinetry
Shop-Built Jigs and fixtures

What are your opinions of the plans in these books?

I look at some of the jigs in the third book and wonder if they are not too
over-elaborate for the job they are supposed to do. For example, the box
joint jig on page 118. I compare this to one in Carol Reed's router book
which is simpler and one in Yeung Chen's book "Classic Joints with power
tools" where he just seems to use a piece of plywood and a peg!

I really like leafing through these books as they are beautifully
illustrated and ring-bound to lie flat. I am just a beginner and
accumulating a number of books to educate myself in cabinet work. Right
now I am half way through building the tabletop case on page 18 of Classic
Cabinetry. Hence the posts about dovetails and routers.

Best Regards,
Jack Fearnley

I have the first two and they were bathroom reading for a while. Lots
of good information, although if I ever built a lot of the projects in
the 'workshop' book I'd modify them a good bit.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.