Dominick feragola

Use the poplar...........Its easy to work with and its one of the best woods
to take paint!

Dom

"Ron Short" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm finally ready to start making my daughter's desk, she's 8 and is
going to "help". She stated this week that she wanted it painted white.
I already bought all the maple and it seems a shame to cover it up with
paint. I was thinking about making it out of poplar now since it's
going to be painted. My question is do I make it out of maple anyway
since it will be much more durable or go with poplar to save money. Of
course you can't answer this for me but I'm curious what you think you
would do.

This is a small student's desk that I hope my daughter uses until
college. She lives with me part time so it wont get a whole lot of
abuse. She'll have a computer on it and maybe do some homework there.

Also, what kind of paint would be good. Would a standard enamel wall
paint be Ok or something else.

TIA

Ron