Doug Boulter

"dude" wrote on 30 Jan 2005:

I am ina cold part of the
country and want to improve the insulation value of my basement.
Therefore putting in a wood floor above the cold concrete is
easier on the feet and will help to keep the basement and house
warmer.

If your basement is fully underground, the temperature of the
concrete floor (and the walls 2'-4' below the surface of the ground
will be 55 degrees. I like insulation over the concrete too, but
it's not going to be doing a whole lot for you. As another poster
noted, a thick pad and heavy carpet will insulate very nicely.

--
Doug Boulter

To reply by e-mail, remove the obvious word from the e-mail address