DanG

If the water closet is in your way, remove it. You will need the
space to maneuver any way, no matter what kind of tub it is. Put
an old blanket or heavy visqueen over the tub to catch shrapnel.
Swing a big hammer. If it dents like a car rather than
shattering, it is a steel tub.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
1...

Is it possible to cut a cast iron bathtub with a circular saw? I
bought the
metal cutting abrasive blades, but it is eating up the blade
faster than
the bathtub. Ended up with a heap of black dust from the blade,
but only a
small dent in the bath tub. The cut is getting red hot, and
sparks are
flying. At this rate, it will take me days to get through. I am
wondering
if there is an easier way. I can't use a sledge hammer as there
isn't much
room for swing. Perhaps a different kind of blade? Any ideas are
appreciated. Thanks!