Drifter

On 30 Jan 2005 13:41:17 -0600, Andrew Sarangan
wrote:

Is it possible to cut a cast iron bathtub with a circular saw? I bought the
metal cutting abrasive blades, but it is eating up the blade faster than
the bathtub. Ended up with a heap of black dust from the blade, but only a
small dent in the bath tub. The cut is getting red hot, and sparks are
flying. At this rate, it will take me days to get through. I am wondering
if there is an easier way. I can't use a sledge hammer as there isn't much
room for swing. Perhaps a different kind of blade? Any ideas are
appreciated. Thanks!

If you had some way to avoid burning down your house, a cutting torch
works well.

Also sharp items like a pick axe will punch through most times and
once the metal starts to fracture it will usually cause a chain
reaction so you can smash the rest up with a sledge hammer.

However, sometimes you get one of those extra tough old @#$@@'s and
nothing works.

Good luck.

Drifter