PrecisionMachinisT

"HvacTech2" wrote in message

Hi PrecisionMachinisT, hope you are having a nice day

On 22-Jul-12 At About 12:00:19, PrecisionMachinisT wrote to

PrecisionMachinisT
Subject: Defrosting heat pumps

P From: "PrecisionMachinisT"

P And no, Im not gonna apologize for defrosting my heat pump with the
P fan running--all I can say is it has always worked just fine for me
P when the need has arisen to defrost in a pinch

Lets just say you do it your way and abuse the system and I will do it my

way
and save wear and tear on the compressor. I have defrosted it both ways

and
my way works much better and faster. as I said I have seen and worked on
WAAAAAAYYYYY more heat pump systems than you have ever seen. I actually
prefer a garden hose when it isn't below freezing out.

Okay, fair enough.....

And if the temp in the house has dropped so low to where there is
insufficient heat to be picked up by the evap then yes, I spose it can be
hard on the system..

FWIW, I also prefer to use a garden hose if one happens to be handy and I
have the time to stand there with it...this even if its well below freezing.

And your right about my experience--I do have 4 heat pumps here, each are
from a different manufacturer, and no, I dont work hvac for a living, nor do
I even work on other folks systems.

Now back to the original post--I still think he needs to have the jumper
checked and reset the timer to 30 or 60 minutes if its currently set at
90.......this being somethning I do on a routine basis when the weather
changes to the point where frosting of the outdoor unit becomes problematic.

--

SVL