John B

"ilaboo" wrote
i tend to use chemicals

what i have found that sort of works is to run very hot water or even
boiling water tehn i pour celar ammonia down the drain
stopper the drain and leave overnight
seem sto sort of work

Now ammonia sounds dangerous to me. It is highly basic, like lye, but is
gaseous...and poisonous. I guess you don't mind.

sulfuric acid is hell on pipes

Agreed.
lye stuf is not worth the danger

Disagree. Nearly every product sold as drain cleaner is akin to lye
solution. Haven't seen the solid form for years; I heard some lady blew it
into her face and made the manufacturer of the lye appear responsible. How
come all others had enough common sense to keep their faces out of it?

i have tried 2 part cleaners that foamed up a lot but did not really help

And I tried the "enzyme" approach to no avail.
I really like Drano Gel.