Joseph Meehan

toller wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
toller wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
William Deans wrote:
Greetings,

Who makes geothermal natural gas powered heat pumps? Does anyone
have any experience with an oil or natural gas powered heat pumps
(geothermal or otherwise)?

Thank you for your time and energy,

William

I had a friend who had a natural gas powered air conditioner,
but I doubt if it would pay to make it a heat pump. If you have
natural gas, just use it to heat the house in a forced air furnace.

"As I understand it" heat pumps are more than 100% efficient in
suitable climates. Since furnaces are not more than 93% efficient,
why wouldn't you use natural gas powered heat pumps?

You only get over 100% efficiency for electric power, not gas.

That would be true only if electric motors are significantly more
efficient than gas motors. (and I haven't a clue if they are or not)

The natural gas heatpump that I had some connection with did not use a
natural gas motor, only electric motors. It used natural gas for a source
of energy for the change of state. Note I believe they must use Ammonia for
the coolant and I am not at all sure if they would be reversible.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math