Mike Marlow

"Mike" wrote in message

I'm pretty familiar with running crown as I've had the pleasure to
run some in over 20 houses a year for the last 20 years or so.

Well then, I 'm certainly not going to tell you your business. I've put it
up but not to the extent you have.

I've
run crown into, over, across and around just about everything. It's
been my experience that I can run crown on a flat ceiling about twice
as fast as I can run it on a cathedral ceiling. Some of this time
has to do with figuring, cutting and or coping uncommon angles and
some has to do with hauling my butt up a taller ladder. In my mind it
is not as easy and I would never have an inexperienced carpenter do
that job. Your mileage may vary but my price per foot goes up nearly
as fast as the pitch of the ceiling.

As it should - it's added work. My comment was only to say that while it
does add more work in having to cut the additional piece and that all by
itself is added diddling and climbing about, it's not a more complicated cut
than the rest of the cuts you're doing. Indeed, every new and additional
cut is more precision work and more opportunity for error, but I tend to
look at things like this in terms of the type of work it requires of me. If
I can see it as simply more of what I can already do, then I can embrace the
job with less trepidation. It's all a matter of how much I want to convince
myself that I can't do it even before I begin or how much I want to convince
myself that I really can.

--

-Mike-