DOC

wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:15:01 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:20:22 -0600, wrote:

I think the translucency of the glass used for the objects and the
fact that the sculpture is behind a south facing window will require
as many lumens as we can muster.

Which reminds me of a friend of mine who got a contract to build
a bunch of those signs with the flashing lights that the road works
people use to warn drivers to merge lanes and such.

You know the ones. Big yellow arrows flashing in sequence...

He did them using leds and everything worked great until the
sun came out.

They ended up in the dumpster, and I don't recall what
my buddy said about who paid for what!

Now this is some time ago and there were no super brights at
the time but...

DOC