Lurch

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:17:32 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
strung together this:

I'd be interested to know what need servicing on an alarm in the same way
as on a car? Or do you mean an inspection and check on functionality?

Well, servicing an alarm is like..... making love to a beautiful
woman.......

Sorry, minds wandering a bit, I'll start again.

Servicing an alarm is probably more similar in it's effectiveness and
techniques to a periodic test on your electrical wiring system, but as
no-one bothers with this either then I decided not to bother bringing
it up.

A routine service on an alarm will consist of, amongst other things
depending on the system specifics;

Checking cables for signs of deteriaration.
Checking the devices on the system are functioning properly, PIR's,
bells etc...
Testing monitoring\dialling settings and making test calls.
Replacing faulty batteries and minor components.

If you don't service an alarm, then it could just decide not to work
at any time, usually due to, but not limited to, dodgy batteries
blowing charging circuits on panels.
--

SJW