Junkyard Engineer

just bought a good size stone (3" x 10") for knife sharpening. Dulling the
back blade is done (new one). Now, when I'll change this blade, I'll try on
the old stock one. I have my doubts about it's quality anyway and ilt will
be done with ABSOLUTE security in mind. I play piano so need all those
fingers around....

"Ba r r y" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:20:16 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
. ..
You do round the backs of your blades, no?

Nope, mine have no burr from being stamped out, and I keep my guides
tight,
so I don't turn one.

I don't understand what you're saying. None of my blades have a burr,
and I run Cool Blocks right up against the blade.

Every blade I've ever bought had square back edges, making the
backward move difficult. Rounded rear corners work very well. If saw
is used only to resaw and rip, the rounded edges probably wouldn't add
much, but they sure do when cutting tight curves or backing out of a
cut.

Barry