Rob Mitchell

Silvan wrote:
Jason Quick wrote:

Then the MIL made some comment about how she should probably get rid of
the
thing, since no one's played it in ages. And all I could think was,
"Yeah, give it to me, Mom...*I"ll* take care of that sumbitch..."

Sorry, but disassembling a functional musical instrument is a criminal
offense. I'd be far better to give it to some kid who wants to play the
pie-anner but can't afford one. (Those things are EXPENSIVE!)

Unless it's not playable, then it's a whole nother can o' fish. Or kettle
o' worms. Or something.

If the piano case is extremely ornate, you might want to have an expert
look at it. There is a very slight chance that it is worth something,
especially if it is made in Europe (Germany) or is a Steinway or
something similar.

Otherwise it is probably not worth repairing. I have an old, locally
made piano, a Bell, which is good, but not worth anything. A local
expert told me that it was worth about $300CDN and would cost more to
restore than a new piano. (The expert is a large restorer of piano's)

So, QSWO might be $8bdft, and there might be 40bdft -50bdft in a piano
case, so I figure it is lumber value only. (Hmmm, that's a good thought
of what to do with my old piano!) The soundboards are clear spruce
usually and flat, so that might be an extra few bdft too.

Rob