RaZMaN

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:15:56 -0600, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

I'm betting St. Louis has at least one Woodcraft store. They have all sorts
of classes on various aspects of woodworking..........including woodturning.
This is a good way to get an introduction to this craft.

Barry

"RaZMaN" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know how many people here are fimilar with the show on HGTV or
DIY (I'm not sure which) about woodturning. Anyway I have been
watching it for about 6 months now and I am very interested in
learning to do this. My problem is I am having trouble finding
anywhere in the St. Louis, MO area that has classes. I am sure they
are here I just can't find them. I was hoping someone here would know
of one or have an idea where I can look to find one. My next question
is about lathe's. I have seen these mini lathe's online and I was
wondering what you could really do with those. Are they worth it?
Any information you can give to someone wanting to learn more is
appricated. Thanks.

Barry,

Thanks for the response. I did not know that St. Louis had a
Woodcraft store but you were right they do and the is where the AAW
meets. I will give them a call and see what they offer. I will also
make sure that I post my first turning here for comments. Thanks
again.