Robert Swinney

A lot of people use Clover brand lapping compound (valve grinding compound)
which comes in a number of "grits". It is available from MSC, J&L, and most
of the catalog supply houses. It is probably not a good idea to try it
until you determine where the friction is and if the friction is excessive.
Suggest you check with Scott Logan at Logan Actuator Company.

Bob Swinney

"Scott Black" sblackatprogression.net wrote in message
I had the cross slide and compound on my logan lathe ground but there is
some resistance. I was thinking of lapping the slides to reduce the
friction. What sort of lapping compound should I use? I have heard of oil
stone powder but don't know where to get it. Any ideas?

thanks

sb