max

I too have ridiculous bench heights in my shop. I built a chop saw bench and
fence system in my shop. It is 16 feet long and it is up around 48 inches
high. When doing a lot of repetitive cuts you don't have to bend over to see
the cutting area and marks on the wood. I have a metal lathe that I jacked
up for similar reasons. You can stand up right without leaning. My floor
model drill press is mounted on a foundation footing about 15 inches off the
floor. Not only can I sweep under it but guess what? No bending.
My back is strong and I don't have issues bending but the fatigue factor of
standing in front of a tool for an hour or more is practically eliminated.
What tool heights do you use?
max

"cyrille de brébisson" wrote in message
Hello,

I am building a workbench out of 2*4 (cheap and easy :-) and my original
plan was to make a hole in the middle of it to insert my router and have a
workbench/router table all in one.

I donno. My router table is much taller than my workbench. Maybe I an weird,
but I like my router table to be nearly chest high so I don't need to been
over to see what I an doing.
Greg