Lowell Holmes

"AAvK" wrote in message
news:CbYKd.67$Tt.18@fed1read05...

I just got mine, and this plane is really well made and designed! It is
heavy
and prescision machined to no fault. Everything is nice and thick. Do I
detect mini magnets screwed into the sides? The keep the blade centered
right at the mouth.

I have a block of soft wood and tried it out, don't know what the wood is
but looks like a medium dark red mahogany.

I set the blade two hairs out and the mouth four hairs open. This plane
jointed the wood of previous inaccuracies left by a fettled and sharpened
Bailey #5! In any case, I am superlatively impressed by the quality and
can only say, the price is entirely worth it! Buying more in the future!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

I have two of their planes, a wheel marking gage, and a spokeshave. Their
latest tool I have is a less than $20 tool, the 3 in 1 marking gauge. If
you haven't paid attention to it, you should. :-)