Fray Bentos

Default plumbing between street and stopcock

Hello all. couple of water pipe related questions.
Who owns the bit of pipe between the street stopcock in the pavement and my
stopcock? (about 3 or 4 meters).
I have lead water pipes and I just wondered if i'll have to pay to replace
the bit in my garden as well.
I guess the new pipe will be this alkalene blue plastic stuff?
Oh, another thing, water pipe enters house at front, stopcock is in my front
room in a little cupboard thing, Is it inadvisable to put stopcock in my
kitchen at the rear of ther house where the pipe goes to?

lots of plumbing to get done this year.

oh, how much is labour per day for a plumber in lancashire area?