The Alaskan

If they are not going to be carted around, then us a 4/4 material of
some kind (oak, maple, or even an exotic) and keep them small. No more
that n12.5 x12.5 (maybe 13 x 13). If you don't they will be way to
heavy. Back in the day we made a 3 footer that almost killed us to
move. Dropped it about 6 inches once and the thing just destroyed
itself. LPs are HEAVY.

I would use dovetail or box joints (most likely box) and I would also
put handles (or handle grips).

Good luck and have fun.

RonMan

In article , Jay Pique
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:31:08 -0600, The Alaskan
wrote:

From extensive experience in the 70' owning a portable disco (lights
and all) I strongly suggest you not use wood. If you transporting
records regularly, they just don't hold up to the abuse.

They will be moved only when the client moves - the client is thinking
more along the lines of a display case that can also transport them
when they move. In other words, aesthetics are important.

JP