Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:58:35 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"AAvK" wrote in message

I set the blade two hairs out and the mouth four hairs open. This plane
jointed the wood of previous inaccuracies left by a fettled and sharpened
Bailey #5! In any case, I am superlatively impressed by the quality and
can only say, the price is entirely worth it! Buying more in the future!

Last week I wanted to put a nice edge on about 8 feet of edging. I was
trying to decide on a roundover bit or a bevel bit on the router. Then I
spotted the LV plane and put a nice edge with a few passes of the plane. It
is just so sweet to glide along making a thin swirl of wood shaving. Much
quieter and cleaner than using a router.

Yep, I find myself going tail-less more and more also. A low-angle block
plane to break the edges instead of using a sander or router. I may
actually have made the break-through to using a smoothing plane, a scraper
plane, and a scraper instead of the ROS for final finish prep. It's
actually faster and quieter than stepping through 5 grits of sandpaper.
The only part that is giving me some grief is the transition from rail to
stile -- trying to keep that joint area smooth for each of the grain
directions is giving me a bit of a problem.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody