Mike Reed

As long as we're reading into the OP, there was likely a Delta sitting
right next to the Ridgid when he checked it out. It's unlikely this
escaped consideration, and as such was rejected as an option -- out of
considerations of value for the $. You don't have to special order a
Delta, as my neighbor brought his home from the Borg in his truck the
same day.

/Just sayin'

John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Mike Reed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Way to ignore the original question. Very helpful.

My neighbor has a Delta contractor's saw, and for the money, I'm
unimpressed. It's a fine saw, but nothing special. There are much
better values out there in a contractor's saw.

John Grossbohlin wrote:

Can we assume that a Sears, Lowe's or Home Depot is in your area?

You
should
be able to order a Delta or Jet saw through at least one of those

stores and
have it shipped to the store. Then you can inspect it before

taking
delivery.

Mike,

If you recall the original poster had reservations about mail

ordering a saw
which is why he was looking at the two he listed. I offered him a

suggestion
on how he could get a Jet or Delta if he really wanted one. This

while not
encountering the risk he was trying to avoid. Thus it was helpful.

John