Dave Jackson

Make damn sure it will cut true. The last several Makitas i have used were
12" sliders (LS1212? maybe) and were absolute garbage. Could't cut a
straight line and the fence was unable to be adjusted any more to fix the
problem. (I just hate Makita tools anymore, so i have a biased opinion.)
However, the older Makita's with the single tube rail were very good saws,
probably the best Makita's ever done in the world of miter saws, if you can
find one. --dave

wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom M wrote:
Was wondering if any of you guys own a Makita Ls1214 12" dual slide
compound miter saw . I found a brand new one for around $300.00. I am
thinking maybe I should get it.. The price sounds great..It sure

would
come in handy cutting 12 " shelves, crown,trim and more . It looks
pretty heavy, maybe to heavy to load and unload on the job site . In

the
shop I think it would be real good tool to have. What do you guys

think
of this Makita??
Tom

I have th LS1013 10 inch version and it's a great saw. $300 is a
steal.

Better jump on it.