Larry Jaques

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:38:56 -0500, the inscrutable "Tom"
spake:

Dear Folks,

I have benefited from this group over the years thought I should contribute
when I did something daring and it worked.
Basically, I upgraded my 12 yr old Grizzly contractor saw with a Vega fence
to a Sawstop cabinet 3hp saw. The saw is a well-designed and smooth running
saw. I have had it for three weeks now, and I'm quite happy with it.

That's good, Tom. I'm glad you're happy with it.

But, for goodness sake, be -sure- to tell us what happens when (not
if) you trigger that puppy. I want to hear about the down-time, the
cost of the mechanism, the time it takes to install it, and how much
the replacement table saw blade costs. I understand they eat them
during the safety-stop process.

I know that the repair costs won't be anywhere near the $2,500 the
saw sold for, but I'm curious about the actual "Oops!" or "Thank God!"
costs.

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
http://diversify.com Gourmet Web Applications