Stormin Mormon

There's half inch actual, and half inch nominal. If it's actually half inch,
thats the dimension AC and refrigeration fittings use. Might want to see if
you can find an AC or refrigeration guy to get you some fittings.

Can you cut a length of half inch (nominal) copper pipe, a couple inches
long. see if that slips onto your half inch (actual). You might be able to
slip some half inch (nominal) over the end of the tube, sweat it on, and go
from there with the nominal fittings.

Half inch (nominal) copper tubing works nicely to make bushings for worn out
lawn mower wheels. File the hole in the wheel out a little, and cut a length
of copper as long as the wheel is thick. Squeeze the copper tubing in and
then it fits right back onto th e half inch (actual) diameter bolt.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ChrisGW" wrote in message
My house was built in 1955 and there is 1/2 O.D. tubing coming into the
utility
room for the washer hook up. I need to change fittings (elbows) and can not
find
anything that will fit over the 1/2 inch O.D. I have been looking in Lowes
(Box
store). What should I be asking for or have they stopped making these items?

I find plenty of fittings to fit 1/2 inch copper pipe, but not tubing.

Thanks
ChrisGW