Edwin Pawlowski

"dude" wrote in message
sgroups.com...
Hello all, I am re-doing myu basement and am going to be putting down a
wood
floor and laminate flooring on top of it. I was going to strap the
concrete
floor with 2x1's and then 1/2 inch plywood on top. Should I put anything
on
the floor like a vapour barrier? How far should I space my 2x1's from each
other? I was going to run them parralel to,one another about 12" apart..
Any help appreciated
Kudos
Steve

You need a vapor barrier. If you want to go with the strapping and plywood,
put some sheets of 3/4" insulation between the straps also.

OTOH, with laminate, you don't need the strapping or the plywood. It is an
unneeded step unless you have other reasons to do it.