mark (sixstringtheoryDOTcom)

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
mark (sixstringtheoryDOTcom) wrote:

** Does anyone have any recommendations for a mid-grade (say, under

$3

per sqft (preferrably under $2.50)) laminate? **

I've seen it in a closeout store for as low as $1 a foot Looks like plastic
crap. This is your living room, the most used and viewed room in your
house. The room you look at every night, the room that your guests see when
entering. If you can spend a few bucks more, it will be worth getting
something you will like to look at ten years from now.

? I'm not looking for something for $1 a sqft. Most of the laminate
stuff is between $2.00 and $4.00 per sqft from the name brands (and the
non-name brands). I don't see much difference in the look between the
more expensive brands and the cheaper ones. If I were going to stay in
this house for more than a few years then I'd go with hardwood but since
I plan on selling the house in a couple of years I don't want to go
overboard price-wise. I went out today and saw some decent quality stuff
for under $2.50 a sqft. A lot of it seems to depend on where I decide to
buy from. I went first to a small flooring shop, a local place. The guy
working there didn't know the first thing about laminate and was the
typical sleazy sales type (though at least he was honest and told me to
come back when the guy that does know about laminates is in later this
week). I installed a glue-together laminate a few years back in a much
smaller room so I'm not totally clueless. I checked out Home Depot and
they have the Pergo Presto @2.29 per sqft and then 20% off that for
in-stock finishes until Feb 23rd. Seems like a great deal and pending
some more research I will probably go with that. I know that Pergo isn't
WilsonArt, but considering my needs (3 years) I think this is an
excellent deal. Any other suggestions?

mark
www.sixstringtheory.com