PrecisionMachinisT

"HvacTech2" wrote in message

Hi PrecisionMachinisT, hope you are having a nice day

On 28-Jan-05 At About 08:34:29, PrecisionMachinisT wrote to

PrecisionMachinisT
Subject: Heat pump icing up

P From: "PrecisionMachinisT"

P "HvacTech2" wrote in message
P ...
Hi PrecisionMachinisT, hope you are having a nice day

On 27-Jan-05 At About 07:56:28, PrecisionMachinisT wrote to

P PrecisionMachinisT

P From: "PrecisionMachinisT"

P In a pinch you can force the condensor to defrost by putting the stat
P into cooling mode and setting the inside temp to about 40
P degrees.....the ice should all melt off it in about ten minutes doing
P it that way. Cold air will blow out the registers while that is
P happening.

This won't work due to the fact the outdoor motor will run. the only
way

P to
defrost it is to also stop the outdoor motor. This should not be
attempted unless you know what you are doing.

P Dear sir,

P Enough time has passed for you to respond in an intelligent manner.

P You are clearly out of your league when it comes to heat pumps, and I
P ask you to please refrain in giving advice here where it has become
P readily apparent you dont even understand the basics of heat pump
P technology when it comes to low temperature controls and operation.

Hmmm, I don't understand this reply but if you only use common sense it

would
tell you that you need to stop the outdoor fan to defrost the outdoor

unit.
I have worked on so many heat pumps in my 30 years as a tech that I can't
even count them all. you have worked on how many? and you have been a

service
tech for how many years? you can now apologize any time you want.

"Common sense" aint gonna fly here, your telling me something "wont work"
when in fact it will.

--

SVL