JerryMouse

Sligo wrote:
My HOA wants me to paint the 18"satellite antenna and coax to match
the residence color.
At times I think the HOA get intoxicated with their power.
Just a few years ago they denied these antennas. Can they make me
paint it? Thank you,
Seamus J.Wilson

Take the antenna down and place it where it can't be seen. The satellite is
22,000 miles away. By moving the dish from the roof to the ground, you add
about 20 feet.

If you think I jest, there are covers for satellite dishes that look like
large rocks so you can install the dish in a flower bed. But that's a last
resort. Before I did that, I'd have some fun. (Be sure to take lots of
pictures and keep a diary - this will make a fine human interest story for
your local newspaper.)

First, fabricate and attach large, metal, bright-orange "petals." Paint the
dish brown. Behold, a giant sunflower!

This will generate a flurry of letters!

Next, add eyes, etc., to the sunflower. Presto, a "Li'l Black Sambo" face.
Be sure to have lots of super-white teeth! Here's sorta what I mean:
http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/sambo.htm

More letters follow.

Okay, remove the petals. Paint a generic yellow happy face.

More letters.

Next, decal the face of Jesus, the raise the issue of Church-State
separation.

Let's see - what can we paint next? Does your homeowners associate allow the
flying of flags? (hint-hint).

At some point, you'll have to revert to the sunflower idea and place the
dish on a pole in your flowerbed. Add leaves to the pole. Who'll know?