Stefek Zaba

mrcheerful . wrote:

Total time to fix: about 2 soddin' hours. But hey, Wolfsburg gained
multiple pfennings on the cost of the fixings - I mean, *stainless*
self-tappers!? Madness! madness, I tell you!

and if the garage had charged 80 quid for two hours labour it would be a
rip-off?

Well, the garage would've taken less than the 2 hours it took me, since
there'd've been no 'exploring' nor trying to get at the damn screws from
the outside - they'd've known right away how to get the numberplate
carrier out, including the trim-removal-exploration. That's the
expertise you pay for. And the place I go to with the VWs is not a main
dealer, and don't play silly games with padding their times. But it
seemed like a silly enough little job that I preferred to bodgexxxxxdo
it myself...