Getafix74

Default IBM G50 Monitor Repair Info Needed - HELP ! !

I have got an IBM G50 monitor, which works well some of the time.
Every once in a while it looses the picture and the screen goes dead.
If I hit it on the caseing just behind the tube then it flickers back
on for about 3 seconds, then goes dead again. Once this happens I have
to wait for it to cool down again, abot 2 hours wait, then I just pray
it works!......sometimes it works, sometimes it don't!!

I have looked around the net and it seems that it may just be a
resistor or bad soldering, has anyone got any ideas? but i'm not sure
how to tackle it!

Can anyone help cos I don't want to get rid of the monitor, and don't
mind having ago at fixing it.....