GregP

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:10:12 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

And why do you think that is? We only have one government, but historically
have had many different voices in the "press" ... it takes all the voices to
keep the one in line.

Problem is "corporate"consolidation of the many voices of the press into
fewer entities these days ... and the fact that the ones that make the big
dollars are blatantly one sided, or worse, for sale.

Some are, most aren't, tho there has been a lot less criticism of
Bush's antics than there would have been 30 years ago.

I will say this ... if my big city (Houston) is any example, the press is
not nearly as "free", or as impartial, as it was 30 years ago ... and that's
a fact.

That's most likely true.