Kevin

"dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Recently upgraded to a Home Depot Ridgid TS3650 contractor table saw.
I'm having all kinds of problems acquiring zero clearance and
dado/molding inserts. I've been working with ridgidparts.com and have
yet been able to acquire the correct parts. You'd think this wouldn't
be such a pain, but it has.
1. Is there an alternative place to order zero clearance inserts, for
this particular saw?
2. What tools are required to build your own inserts? I presume that a
planar/jointer would be required to acquire the correct depth. I'd
hate to go this route because of physical space concerns.
3. Perhaps I could order a compatible insert, for a competing saw, if I
knew that one existed.
Thanks, Dave

My dad and I both have Ridgid table saws and I ordered several inserts
before the shortage started when they changed colors. He couldn't get any
from them and I gave him one of my mine. He insisted on replacing mine and
bought me a "Premium Zero Clearance" (nice solid UHMW with levelers) at a
woodshow form these guys: http://www.ttrackusa.com/zeroclearanceinserts.htm
You want #436 for a TS3650.

I have since made about a half dozen from 1/2" birch ply. I just cut the
length and width, traced an outline of the corner radius and disc sanded the
corners down to a tight fit, and routed the lip all the way around with a
straight bit on the router table to make it sit flush with the table top.
Drilled a finger hole to get it back out. Johnson's paste wax finish. I
think it took me about 30 minutes to make $80 dollars worth on a saturday
morning.

I posted a few pictures over in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking showing my
recent run-in with Apitong, and one of the shots shows an insert with built
in splitter.

Kevin in Bakersfield