Ecnerwal

In article ,
"Bernd" wrote:

Are these belts cogged by any chance? Also do you have any rough
dimensions as to width of belt. I had forgotten that the Harley uses
belts, right?

Yes they are cogged. Yes, Harley has been using them for quite a while
now. Kawasaki used them for a while on some bikes. Not sure what current
production is using them. My bike is a shafty, and old. I was skeptical
of them when I first heard of them, but the more I learned about them,
the more they seemed like a heck of a good system.

Typically a bit over an inch wide, IIRC, but they can be had in many
sizes.

Don't know if your familar with the VW tranny

Duh, right, it's a tranny and diff all in one (aka transaxle). I had a
Corvair for a few years myself if I'd just engage my brain about what
you are starting from - The main thing I recall about our aircooled VW
was that it would be a royal pain to start at home, and behave perfectly
when at the VW mechanic; and 9 (2-string) haybales fit (more or less
inside) the van.