simon beer

take off your trousers to e-mail me
simon beer wrote:

ignoring the cost of a plot on which to build, what does the assembled
masses here think the build cost of a 4 bed house would be. I know it's

how
long is a piece of string but lets just talk about the material cost of

say
your average well specked 4 bed estate house. Block construction not

timber
framed and a footprint of about 40x35ft. Anyone done it recently? or

point
to a news group more dedicated to new build with a big leaning to doing

it
yourself rather that just arranging the contractors yourself.
many thanks

Go for £75 a sq ft for a bare shell with basic fitings, and £100-£150 a
square foot for all fitted out to your state with garden and drive and
everything done the way YOU want it.

When working out the square ft are we talking the ground floor area i.e. the
footprint of the house.