quisquiliae

T i m wrote:

When you remove your 20 year old T80 could I have it as spares for my
15 year old one please ;-)

Mine had most of its insides replaced ~12 years ago. The local plumbers
merchant suggested contacting Triton direct. I did and was able to
replace the heating element and valve assembly for about £40 inc vat,p&p
etc

It needs more replacement parts now. Switching to the off position there
is a sound of water boiling although switching to cold/low/high settings
is ok. For the past few months I have been leaving it on the cold
setting and switching off at the isolator.

That and a combination of winter weather was about to motivate me to
rewire and replace. Then the plumber who came during my kitchen
renovation suggested a combi. Which makes sense, with the kitchen done
converting the shower room/WC (170cm x 90cm) into a wet room is the
nextgreat renovation project. But quote for new HE combi (central London
prices) £3,000. Still awaiting the wet room quote... oh and the car
service estimate is over £2000 (which must be more than a ten year old
Twingo is worth). Sigh -- I need to get out of academia and get a proer
paying job; or move somewhere sane and sensible.

As posted already it does run out of 'ooommpf' in the coldest weather
but is still pretty stable temperature wise and serves it's purpose
(heating water to allow us to wash) pretty well.

Yes in summer setting it at 8/12 is hot enough and reasonable pressure.
This week though its at 12/12, and just adequate.

[excuse typos, keyboard needs cleaning]

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"