Art

Actually "Home Brew" IR Snooper, Basically an op amp with a visible led
connected to the output and a IR Photo Pickup connected to the inputs.
Basically used to check IR remotes for any activity. Easy Yes/No check for a
questionable remote or, of course, dead batteries.
"John Bachman" wrote in message
I am curious as to the favorite little testers that techs use today.
I know that the Dick Smith ESR meter (Bob Parker design) is very
popular and the Peak component testers are handy also.

Are there any other small, well designed testers that service techs
use and like?

TIA

John Bachman
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Professional electronic service discussion at
www.anatekcorp.com/elrepair/elrepair.htm