Junkyard Engineer

Ok, found the problem, the problem came with the original blade. After
checking every adjustment, I decided to change the blade and guess what...
everything is back on track. It's a swedish blade purchased at a specialty
tooling store (20$Cdn). I cut mostly hard wood and the first cut was with 4
to 6" thick along the grain.

My first touch with a BS tells me that it's the most sensitive tool I get on
my floor but many hours of fun in front of me !

thanks all

"Fly-by-Night CC" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article ,
"Junkyard Engineer" wrote:

As I understand it, BS adjustment can be tricky. My first 3 cuts were
perfect in 4" thick oak. After that, the cut kept drifting left. I've
played
with the bearing adjustment without success. Tension is set to 3/8" (like
the blade). What can be the problem ?

On another tack, what's the blade brand? Also, how much length of 4"
stock did you cut? Was this purchased wood or yard tree?

If the first few cuts were "perfect" then all went south, I'm wondering
if the blade sharpness is the culprit. Is it merely wandering left or do
you think it requires a bit more pressure to push the wood through? If
it were mine (and not a carbide tipped blade), then I'd consider
touching up the underside of each tooth with a Dremel and a chainsaw
stone and then seeing how it cut. It doesn't take much to dull a blade
sometimes if there's enough grit or dirt embedded in the wood.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long