George

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message
I came across this little Hitachi for the first time recently when
looking through some used machinery listings. Anyone have experience
with one? Is there only one motor? Nice and small which would be a
benefit I guess, but the jointer bed looks short.

Rob

Small, but doesn't mean you can stay in a small room with it. It's
noisier'n hell, and the one I used had those special "friable" feed rollers.
Bed was about the same as my 4" Rockwell, but quality nowhere near.

The one pictured has had a sheet-metal revision over the motor area, but
looks otherwise the same.

A real jointer with a quiet induction motor and a lunchbox screamer would
take up less space if you built the jointer stand and stored the planer
there.