Peter R

Lucky Strike wrote:
Is anybody out there using Anaheim Automation's "DPJ72LC" LC Series on their
knee mills?

I'm not familiar with that company but for my own Knee mill retrofit, I
chose www.jraco.com It's a small company, but they give great service.
I have over 4000 hours on the control now and it has been extremely
reliable doing a ton of 2.5D and 3D work. It uses a proven Galil based
motion card that just plugs into a PC. JRA wrote a G-Code compiler that
translates from G-Code into the Galil motion language. The motor drives
(Servo Amplifiers) are from AMC http://www.a-m-c.com - I had to put all
the pieces together on the mill etc., but it resulted in a good machine.
The JRA system supports a handwheel (MPG) that makes setup a breeze.

One minor criticism of the program is that the peck drill cycle is a bit
non-standard and I still can't generate the entire G83 code from my CAM
software - maybe your CAM software can? For me, it requires a simple
manual edit which is a bit of a pain, but not a big deal. I don't do a
lot of drilling. Let me know if you want more info.

yada yada - just a happy customer

Cheers, Peter