Jim

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:21:51 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote:

"Sennin" wrote in message
roups.com...
My wife recently said that she thinks there must be some kind of water
leak or water build-up in/around the washing machine because there is a
continuous musty smell. Anybody else ever experience this? I see
water drain out into the outlet pipe. Could water get trapped
somewhere inside the washer? Any ideas?

Thanks.

I Think I read somewhere that some of the front loaders have a problem with
this. Otherwise I don't think so.

Colbyt

Even top loaders can get nusty. be sure and leave the lid up between
loads so air can get in and dry out the tub and the area between the
tub lip and the top of the washer. Run a paper towel around the
uppper lip of the tub, you may get gunk there from dirt and mold build
up...water and such splashes now and then and can leave residue.

Not saying this is the reason but it won't hurt and might help.

Jim P.