Mary Fisher

"John" wrote in message

I exterminated a nest using the above technique when the waps had built in
the roof of a shed belonging to a friend who suffered extreme reaction to
wasp stings. She even used to carry self administerable shots to use if
she had the misfortune to suffer a sting or bite hence the continued
presence of the wasps could not reasonably be tolerated

I have the same condition. But I continued to keep bees until my arthritis
made it unsafe (for the bees) and I still remove swarms of bees and wasp
nests from properties when there isn't another option.

a) knowing about what you're dealing with makes it safe - most of us drive
cars which can be lethal. In UK more people die as a result of vehicle
accidents in one week than die of all stings and bites from all sources in
one year.

b) the removal of one nest has a minuscule affect on the number of stinging
and biting insects around us.

Mary