Silvan

mel wrote:

no offense taken and I appreciate the correction. Like I said earlier...
I sell lumber for a living ...not teach botany.

I never cared about any of that stuff until I got into gardening. I quickly
learned that a "geranium" isn't a "geranium." Especially when you're
talking to people from different parts of the country/world. So I started
to acquaint myself with the botanical names for everything.

It's not so useful in wood, and I haven't bothered to learn more than a few
of the most obvious ones. You could probably sit there and reel off half a
dozen varieties of red oak or whatever, and I wouldn't have a clue. But
I'll always remember King Phillip cut off Father Gregory's scrotum. That
teacher was a trip!

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/