desperado

yes, the filter does plug up. I decided to get an old windshield washer pump
from a car and rigged that into a little wall wart universal power supply
which puts out the 12v to run it. I used an old plastic reservoir for
windshield washer fluid although any receptacle will do. I then ran some
tubing by drilling a hole in the back of the top for the water spray over
the wheel. There are two drain return lines on either side of the little
plastic bucket they give you. I removed the bucket, put a couple of pieces
of tygon tubing into those drain nipples, and ran those into a y fitting
used for air hose. the remaining single line can be run into the washer
reservoir, or you can run it into a sink if you keep refilling your
reservoir when it runs out. Reservoir should be below the level of drain
lines.
don paolino
"RBW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gerald Miller wrote:
On 6 Jan 2005 09:43:19 -0800, "RBW" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience repairing a Wen Wet Stone Machine?

Mine
has stopped putting water on the stone as it revolves. The stone

runs
fine but because of its speed, it needs to have water put on it to

be
most effective. Thanks
RBW

I gave up on mine after a half dozen uses about twenty years ago.

IIRC
there is a sintered bronze filter on the pick up tube which quickly
clogs with rusted grindings and the small diaphragm pump is operated
much too fast to be effective. The guides are flimsy and poorly
designed. A total waste of space. You might try running a salt and
vinegar solution through it.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada