Lurch

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:44:35 +0000, Mark strung
together this:

I'm planning to install my own wired alarm system. I plan to buy the
components to exactly suit my needs rather than buy a 'turnkey'
system.

Can anyone recommend an on-line supplier as an alternative to TLC and
CPC ?

You may as well go with TLC, the ADE panels are pretty good for DIY
installs as the programming is a piece of ****.

Regarding control panel and PIRs, are there any brands to avoid, or
any brands that are particularly good. (For good read reliable).

Well, see above!

Appreciate any feedback, particularly if there are any alrm engineers
out there.

Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to fit their own alarm as there's
more to designing, fitting and commisioning an effective system than
most people think.
--

SJW