Dan Valleskey

Didn't catch the whole thread here- forgive me if I am a bit off
topic-

The guy that put my furnace in, at the old house, also did a good bit
of duct work. As he was cleaning up, he took great pains to show me
how his joints were so tight he didn't need duct tape. Never used a
bit of it. He did, however, seal some seams with RTV silicone.

-Dan V.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:00:47 -0500, Jaime
wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:54:40 +0000, Luigi Zanasi
wrote:

The guy at the local sheet metal shop said duct tape is good for
everything except ducts.

This is true. Even Mike Holmes ( Holmes on Homes) says this often
enough in his program.

When I learned that I replaced all the duct tape holding my dryer
ductwork together with the necessary metal tape.