Greg O

"J T" wrote in message

The times I've asked for help in Lowes, they've always been able to
help me. That's never happendd to me in a HD, and usually takes 2 or 3,
minimum; even then, they usually didn't stock what I needed. Which is
only "one" of the reasons I don't shop at HD.

As far as I am concerned they are all the same! I don't got to HD or Lowes
and expect knowledgeable clerks to surround me. I go to buy a tubafour. If I
need help, I go else where!

I while back I needed a piece of "B" vent for a furnace I was helping my
neighbor install. Now normally I would go to the local wholesale house, but
I was a piece short and we wanted to get-r-done. We went to HD, but they had
a different brand, ("B" vent varies by brand, you can not mix and match
brands), so we went to Lowes. In Lowes heating department I found one piece
of "B" vent, right brand, Lowes sticker on it, so I know they stocked it!
But no more, no selection of various lengths, no fittings, just this one
lost and lonely piece. I asked the confused clerk where in the store did
they have this venting, of course I just got some mumbling and shuffling of
his feet. Next I asked where they had water heaters in the store, more
mumbling, shuffling. I walked off and eventually found the water heaters and
a good selection of the venting I was looking for. Seems they stock it with
the gas fired water heaters.
Greg