George E. Cawthon

mel wrote:
sighhhh.... the tip of each limb grows in a spiral pattern as length is
added to the limb. if you are still confused just forget I brought it up

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

mel wrote:

new growth rotates

What does that mean? I was confused by your previous explanation,
too...

Forget it mel. Some people just don't know anything about
plant growth are too unobservant to realize that cells are
fixed in position and that new growth may be at an angle to
the old cells. There are still people that believe branches
move up from the ground as the tree grows. Good grief!
don't they every look at the trees that grow around them. If
they have enough experience to type here, they are old
enough o have been around the same tree for many years.

And no, it didn't bother me that you mixed up genus and
specie, we all make mistakes. Your "error" was that you
contradicted what many were saying about the availability of
clear wood. Shame on you. We all know that we are in a
mess with fewer trees, the fish, ducks, elk, deer, etc. are
dying, endangered by global warming, rising seas, massive
climatic changes, greatest natural disasters ever, the
greatest loss of species in the history of the world, etc.
etc.

Sorry for dumping, but people are SO predictable (and stupid).